Associate in Arts from Tyler Jr. College
Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Texas at Arlington
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from the Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago
You can read Biographical Information on me by clicking on here now.
Or you can read my Cirruculum Vitae
My favorite music: Oldies, soft easy listening, big band, and classical
Hobbies and Interests:
- Computers and E-mail
- Hunting and snowmobiling
- Hiking and biking,
- Fishing (especially deep sea fishing),
- Swimming and snorkeling
- Traveling and site seeing
- Digital Photography
- Collecting and sending jokes
- Recording music
- Dabbling in the stock market
Yes, I do have a Blog
- How much is the US spending on Illegal Aliens?
- Letters to the Editor of our local newspaper on such things as:
- Oil and gasoline prices, and
- National politics.
Return to top
I'm a Podiatrist and am on staff at the following hospitals here in Abilene.
- HENDRICK MEDICAL CENTER
- HENDRICK LONG TERM ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL (previously HCEC)
- Director, Abilene Family Foot Center.
- Chief of Staff, Hedrick Long Term Acute Care Hospital, Abilene, TX (previously HCEC)1999 through 2007
- Chairman of the Pharmacy and Therepeutics Committe at Abilene Regional Medical Center.
- Chairman of the Infection Control Committe at Abilene Regional Medical Center.
- Co-Chairman of the City Wide Formulary Committee for Abilene, TX.
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Hendrick Regional Medical Center
- Associate Clinical Professor in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at the Medical School in San Antonio
I sub-specialize in Reconstructive Foot Surgery, and Wound Care of the Lower Extremity.
I'm Board Certified by The American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
I'm a Fellow of the American Society of Podiatric Surgeons, and a Fellow of the American Professional Wound Care Association.
I've been in private practice here in Abilene since 1980.
My patient's refer to me as the doctor who smiles, or the doctor who will listen to them, or the doctor who will answer their questions in English,
rather than in medicalese. They talk to me about many of their medical problems, not just their foot problems, and are very willing to tell me about
what's going on in their life. I tend to blend a lot of psychology into my practice of podiatry.
Professional motto: "People don't care how much
you know, until they know how much you care."
Personal motto: "I'd like to procrastinate, but I never
get around to it!"
What am I currently reading?"VICTORY ROAD", The 2nd book in the award-winning Texas Gun Club Series" by Commander Mark Bowlin, USN (Ret.)
Favorite Movies: Comedies and action (I avoid tear jearkers!)
Favorite Snowmobile area: Grand Lake, CO, where there are 150 miles of groomed, well-marked trails in Arapaho National Forest for un-guided snowmobiling!!
Favorite Snowmobile Rental Company: On The Trail Rentalsjust outside Grand Lake, CO, at the base of the mountains of Arapaho National Forest.
Pictures of the snowmobile trails on the mountains.
Favorite American City:Seattle
Favorite times to be on-line:
Evenings and Weekends
See some of my favorite things:
Some of my favorite cartoons:
Let me know what you think about my page. Send mail by clicking
Return to top
Grotesque pictures from my Practice
Trinkets from my patients